wow… 5 years. It’s amazing to think that time just went by so fast. 5 years of laughter and fights and tears and joys. And I know that there will be more to come. And until now, I still thank God that you came into my life. Happy 5 years my dearest bokikoy 🙂 I love you so much and will always do 😀
Learning to live with what you have rather than wanting something you don’t really need… that is theb est way to live life 🙂
** i do not claim ownership over this article… I am merely sharing it 🙂
A great reminder to everyone of us… It is not important how other people see us, but rather how we see ourselves. Worrying about what they think of you or your life will just simply drive you mad. Live your life the way you want… and don’t mind those people who talk smack behind your back. You decide how to live your life, who to love, and where to go… and you will be happy 🙂
1. What you choose to do with your body physically. Your body is a temple, and it is a vehicle in which you are to experience your life. As such, you have sole discretion over what you want to do with it, and how you want to present it physically. People have the tendency to be wildly judgmental and critical over appearances, with everything from haircuts to body fat percentages to clothing choices to tattoos. It’s not just our cultural beauty standard that’s wrong, it’s the fact that a cultural beauty standard is a concept that’s wrong. It’s nothing more than yet another way to make you feel as though you are lesser if you don’t conform.
2. Who you love and how you can love them. You love who you love. There is nothing more tragic than being persecuted or judged for, of all things, love. There are some people…
View original post 719 more words
This article is not mine. All credits to this article belongs to the author and to GMA Network News website as its publisher. I just want to share this to all my friends who works the night shift.
Check this out:
2012 has been a fairly good year for me and my family.
Although, not all of the goals I set was met but some of them I was able to accomplish. I wouldn’t say that I was successful but I don’t consider it as a loss either. Either way, I am thankful for everything God has given me last year.
I guess the only dark point of my 2012 was that of my beloved Lola passing away. It’s hard to think that she is gone now. But I do believe that she is now in a better place, watching over us. The hard part is thinking I won’t be able to taste her cooking ever again.
I still have no idea what this new year will bring for me and my family. But I believe that God will bless us and give us a great year.
It may be already too late but Happy New Year everyone!
I wish you all a great 2013!!!
Let’s all face this year with a positive attitude and great confidence… Well then, onward we go!
- To the families who lost someone dear to them during the onslaught of Typhoon Pablo…
- To the families of the latest school shooting incident in Newtown, Connecticut
I offer to you my condolences and my prayer… Words are not enough to ease the challenge you are going through. Have faith and be strong. God’s will be done…
Again, my condolences…
- Elementary school shooting leaves scores dead in Newtown, Connecticut (news.nationalpost.com)
One of the things I love to watch back when I was a kid was ‘daikaiju‘ ( 大怪獣 daikaijū?, giant kaiju or giant monsters ) and ‘kaijin’ ( 怪人?, referring to roughly humanoid monsters ) themed movies or tv shows. Yes, I was a sucker for shows like Ultraman, Mask Rider Black, Space Sheriff Shaider, Power Rangers, Maskman and a lot more. I also watched the original Godzilla series produced by the Japanese. These theme was also prevalent even in animes; Voltes V, Voltron, and Tōshō Daimos to name a few. It is a shame actually that these type of shows have slowly declined over the years.
I think the last decent movie I watched with this theme was Godzilla (1998 film). There were a few movies but they did not appeal to me as much as the Godzilla film. However, this coming 2013, looks like this theme will again be revived and hopefully, it will be great.
When legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea, a war began that would take millions of lives and consume humanity’s resources for years on end. To combat the giant Kaiju, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. But even the Jaegers are proving nearly defenseless in the face of the relentless Kaiju. On the verge of defeat, the forces defending mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroes—a washed up former pilot (Charlie Hunnam) and an untested trainee (Rinko Kikuchi)—who are teamed to drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. Together, they stand as mankind’s last hope against the mounting apocalypse.
I am excited with this film and I really hope it delivers. They have a great director and based from the trailer, its movie effects looks amazing. I guess it all depends now on the script. Well, in the event that the world does not end next week, here’s one movie I will look forward to next year.
Here is a trailer of the movie ( taken from ENTV’s youtube channel ):
** images and video all taken from internet via google search. I do not own this images or the video.
- Kaiju Chaos: The Pacific Rim Trailer is Here (nerdist.com)
- Official Poster and Trailer for “Pacific Rim” (musicnfilm.wordpress.com)
- Pacific Rim Trailer Released, is a Sci-Fi Thriller That Pits Giant Robots Against Giant Monsters (techeblog.com)
- OFFICIAL TRAILER FOR DEL TORO’S PACIFIC RIM DROPS (anythinghorror.com)
All I can say is this: BEST. DAMN. LIVE-ACTION. MOVIE. EVER.
Late last year, a rumor spread around the internet about a live-action movie for one of the most famous anime’s of all time, Rorouni Kenshin ( Samurai X ). At first, that’s all I thought it was, just a rumor. Then came the teaser, then the trailer and the movie posters… and that’s when I said to myself, “Okay, so it’s not a rumor… Damn! I’m definitely gonna watch this!”. And my wish just came true ( thanks to my brother-in-law for the treat 😀 ).
The premise of the story goes like this:
Japan is about to enter the Meiji era and transition from the Middle Ages to industrialization. The samurai have no place in this modern society where warriors are less useful than traders. Unemployed, having lost the right to wear the sword, and facing guns and cannons, the samurai will gradually disappear into legend. Kenshin is one of such lost warrior. Once a grand master of the sword he is now a vagabond, wandering the roads of Japan. However, his chivalry and courage will make this one-time mercenary a loved and respected vigilante.
– from Comicbook Movie.com
Personally I was 115% satisfied. I am still experiencing “Samurai X high” after the movie. Months and months of waiting was truly worth it. They never disappointed the fans of Samurai X. Although they did make slight changes to the story, the deviation from the plot was still acceptable. The fight scenes were the best. The effects of the movie were cool… no CG! Well they did use some CG but very minimal… you’d hardly notice it. The key to their fights scenes was excellent choreography, and great camera tricks.
The development for each of the characters was also good. Each of the actors / actresses portrayed their parts well, especially for Emi Takei ( as Kaoru Kamiya ) and Takeru Sato ( as Himura Kenshin ). But I have to admit I was slightly disappointed at how they portrayed Saito Hajime‘s character. Just an opinion, but I think it would have been better if they stayed with his “bad guy” persona, just like in the manga and anime.
All in all, I can say that this is one of the best live-action movies I’ve seen so far. I recommend it to everyone. So, what are you waiting for… hurry up and watch the movie!!!!
Here is also another great review for this movie: click here.
Here is a trailer for the movie.
** all images are obtained from the web via Google search.
- Review: Samurai X Live Action Movie (Rurouni Kenshin) (ieatspicynoodles.wordpress.com)
- Rurouni Kenshin: Samurai X marks the spot (rappler.com)
- RUROUNI KENSHIN: The Live Action Movie – – Advanced Review (animevice.com)
- Rurouni Kenshin: A Review of the Live-Action Movie (sometimesawriter.wordpress.com)
- Review: Rurouni Kenshin (johnnyworm.wordpress.com)
Today marks a very special day for me and your mom… 3 years ago, God gave you to us. Our married life is one big adventure, but your arrival in our lives made it more so. Everyday became a day of discoveries… a day of fun and joy… a day of mad screams and laughter. Having you in our lives has made it more challenging… yet we will not trade any of it for whatever treasure in the world. Being a parent is the best reward there is…
Our wish for you, on your birthday, is very simple. We want you to have the best things that life has to offer. Happiness… good health… great friends… above all else, a life full of love 🙂
To our little Green lantern… Happy Birthday!!!
A very nice read… enjoy!
All credits goes to the author of this article… Please click on the link below.
I don’t even know where to start. There’s a lot of things that I want to say right now but I don’t think it will even matter. This law is crap… it is stupid… it is useless… plain and simple.
I will just use these images to show my stand against this law.
That is all…
all images taken from photos from:
1. Follow Your Curiosity “I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.”
2. Perseverance is Priceless “It’s not that I’m so smart; it’s just that I stay with problems longer.”
3. Focus on the Present “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”
4. The Imagination is Powerful “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions. Imagination is more important than knowledge.”
5. Make Mistakes “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.”
6. Live in the Moment “I never think of the future – it comes soon enough.”
7. Create Value “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
8. Don’t be repetitive “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
9. Knowledge Comes From Experience “Information is not knowledge. The only source of knowledge is experience.”
10. Learn the Rules and Then Play Better “You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.”
** reblogged from Paulo Coelho
original post here -> 10 Lessons from Einstein.
To my wife:
11 years has passed since we first met.
It has been both a pleasant and challenging road.
Our relationship was never perfect.
And we had our own share of drama along the way.
But we also had our good times.
And that is all that matters to me.
No matter what we face in the future
We will move forward together.
And if ever I will be given the chance
To relive my life from the start
I will gladly take this offer as a chance
To fall in love with you all over again.
Happy Valentines Day!
I love you so much 🙂
I know that you now have a new man in your life
Despite all that, I am willing to share 🙂
From the both of us, again Happy Hearts Day! 🙂
Happy New Year everyone!
2012 is already here and I am excited for the new year. I had a great 2011, there were a lot of challenges and hardships encountered during that year, but all in all it was a great year for me and my family.
So,f or my first blog if 2012, I wanna share this article to all of you guys… It is a great read. I found it from my FB feeds when one of my friends shared this. Anyway, I am sharing this now to all of you. Read and enjoy 🙂
[ credits for this article goes to: www.marcandangel.com ]
30 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself
As Maria Robinson once said, “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” Nothing could be closer to the truth. But before you can begin this process of transformation you have to stop doing the things that have been holding you back.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Stop spending time with the wrong people. – Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you. If someone wants you in their life, they’ll make room for you. You shouldn’t have to fight for a spot. Never, ever insist yourself to someone who continuously overlooks your worth. And remember, it’s not the people that stand by your side when you’re at your best, but the ones who stand beside you when you’re at your worst that are your true friends.
- Stop running from your problems. – Face them head on. No, it won’t be easy. There is no person in the world capable of flawlessly handling every punch thrown at them. We aren’t supposed to be able to instantly solve problems. That’s not how we’re made. In fact, we’re made to get upset, sad, hurt, stumble and fall. Because that’s the whole purpose of living – to face problems, learn, adapt, and solve them over the course of time. This is what ultimately molds us into the person we become.
- Stop lying to yourself. – You can lie to anyone else in the world, but you can’t lie to yourself. Our lives improve only when we take chances, and the first and most difficult chance we can take is to be honest with ourselves. Read The Road Less Traveled.
- Stop putting your own needs on the back burner. – The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too. Yes, help others; but help yourself too. If there was ever a moment to follow your passion and do something that matters to you, that moment is now.
- Stop trying to be someone you’re not. – One of the greatest challenges in life is being yourself in a world that’s trying to make you likeeveryone else. Someone will always be prettier, someone will always be smarter, someone will always be younger, but they will never be you. Don’t change so people will like you. Be yourself and the right people will love the real you.
- Stop trying to hold onto the past. – You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading your last one.
- Stop being scared to make a mistake. – Doing something and getting it wrong is at least ten times more productive than doing nothing. Every success has a trail of failures behind it, and every failure is leading towards success. You end up regretting the things you did NOT do far more than the things you did.
- Stop berating yourself for old mistakes. – We may love the wrong person and cry about the wrong things, but no matter how things go wrong, one thing is for sure, mistakes help us find the person and things that are right for us. We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here NOW with the power to shape your day and your future. Every single thing that has ever happened in your life is preparing you for a moment that is yet to come.
- Stop trying to buy happiness. – Many of the things we desire are expensive. But the truth is, the things that really satisfy us are totally free – love, laughter and working on our passions.
- Stop exclusively looking to others for happiness. – If you’re not happy with who you are on the inside, you won’t be happy in a long-term relationship with anyone else either. You have to create stability in your own life first before you can share it with someone else. Read Stumbling on Happiness.
- Stop being idle. – Don’t think too much or you’ll create a problem that wasn’t even there in the first place. Evaluate situations and take decisive action. You cannot change what you refuse to confront. Making progress involves risk. Period! You can’t make it to second base with your foot on first.
- Stop thinking you’re not ready. – Nobody ever feels 100% ready when an opportunity arises. Because most great opportunities in life force us to grow beyond our comfort zones, which means we won’t feel totally comfortable at first.
- Stop getting involved in relationships for the wrong reasons. – Relationships must be chosen wisely. It’s better to be alone than to be in bad company. There’s no need to rush. If something is meant to be, it will happen – in the right time, with the right person, and for the best reason. Fall in love when you’re ready, not when you’re lonely.
- Stop rejecting new relationships just because old ones didn’t work. – In life you’ll realize that there is a purpose for everyone you meet. Some will test you, some will use you and some will teach you. But most importantly, some will bring out the best in you.
- Stop trying to compete against everyone else. – Don’t worry about what others doing better than you. Concentrate on beating your own records every day. Success is a battle between YOU and YOURSELF only.
- Stop being jealous of others. – Jealousy is the art of counting someone else’s blessings instead of your own. Ask yourself this: “What’s something I have that everyone wants?”
- Stop complaining and feeling sorry for yourself. – Life’s curveballs are thrown for a reason – to shift your path in a direction that is meant for you. You may not see or understand everything the moment it happens, and it may be tough. But reflect back on those negative curveballs thrown at you in the past. You’ll often see that eventually they led you to a better place, person, state of mind, or situation. So smile! Let everyone know that today you are a lot stronger than you were yesterday, and you will be.
- Stop holding grudges. – Don’t live your life with hate in your heart. You will end up hurting yourself more than the people you hate. Forgiveness is not saying, “What you did to me is okay.” It is saying, “I’m not going to let what you did to me ruin my happiness forever.” Forgiveness is the answer… let go, find peace, liberate yourself! And remember, forgiveness is not just for other people, it’s for you too. If you must, forgive yourself, move on and try to do better next time.
- Stop letting others bring you down to their level. – Refuse to lower your standards to accommodate those who refuse to raise theirs.
- Stop wasting time explaining yourself to others. – Your friends don’t need it and your enemies won’t believe it anyway. Just do what you know in your heart is right.
- Stop doing the same things over and over without taking a break. – The time to take a deep breath is when you don’t have time for it. If you keep doing what you’re doing, you’ll keep getting what you’re getting. Sometimes you need to distance yourself to see things clearly.
- Stop overlooking the beauty of small moments. – Enjoy the little things, because one day you may look back and discover they were the big things. The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.
- Stop trying to make things perfect. – The real world doesn’t reward perfectionists, it rewards people who get things done. Read Getting Things Done.
- Stop following the path of least resistance. – Life is not easy, especially when you plan on achieving something worthwhile. Don’t take the easy way out. Do something extraordinary.
- Stop acting like everything is fine if it isn’t. – It’s okay to fall apart for a little while. You don’t always have to pretend to be strong, and there is no need to constantly prove that everything is going well. You shouldn’t be concerned with what other people are thinking either – cry if you need to – it’s healthy to shed your tears. The sooner you do, the sooner you will be able to smile again.
- Stop blaming others for your troubles. – The extent to which you can achieve your dreams depends on the extent to which you take responsibility for your life. When you blame others for what you’re going through, you deny responsibility – you give others power over that part of your life.
- Stop trying to be everything to everyone. – Doing so is impossible, and trying will only burn you out. But making one person smile CAN change the world. Maybe not the whole world, but their world. So narrow your focus.
- Stop worrying so much. – Worry will not strip tomorrow of its burdens, it will strip today of its joy. One way to check if something is worth mulling over is to ask yourself this question: “Will this matter in one year’s time? Three years? Five years?” If not, then it’s not worth worrying about.
- Stop focusing on what you don’t want to happen. – Focus on what you do want to happen. Positive thinking is at the forefront of every great success story. If you awake every morning with the thought that something wonderful will happen in your life today, and you pay close attention, you’ll often find that you’re right.
- Stop being ungrateful. – No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs. Instead of thinking about what you’re missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.
Again, credits for this article goes to: www.marcandangel.com
you can read the article from the original site here.
It’s really weird how life works. One minute, you are on top of the world… the next, your down on your luck. Meetings and goodbyes can all happen in a blink of an eye… sometimes, unexpectedly.
Yesterday, a couple of my old elementary classmates informed me via Facebook that one of our batch mate just passed away. I was so shocked with the news, it took a while for the info to sink in. Even now after 24 hours have passed, its still quite hard to believe that it really happened. In just one brief moment, someone I have known for more than 20 years, has left the world and joined our creator.
Rest in peace, Rosman “PJ” Sampulna… my friend. We all know that you are now in a better place. You are now back in Allah’s arms… In behalf of our family, and as a fellow batch mate from ETD ’93, we offer our condolences to the Sampulna family.
inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun
** so long overdue
As I have stated in my previous post (here), reboots and sequels has become the current trend in the Movies and TV industry. So, now here is my take on the reboot of one of my favorite 80’s cartoon series, The Thundercats.
For years, the Thunderians have lived peacefully and thrived in the kingdom of Thundera. However, one night the kingdom was attacked by an army of mutant lizards, led by the evil sorcerer Mumm-ra. A small band of Thunderians survived and flees Thundera, led by the young heir to the throne Lion-O who wields the powerful Sword of Omens. These survivors now journey third Earth in search for the Book of Omens, a powerful artifact which contains knowledge on how to defeat Mumm-ra.
So… Before anything else, I love the new character design. Not that there was anything wrong with the old one but the new design is appealing especially to the kids these days, and to some of the oldies too. I am not only referring to the main characters, but to the side characters as well as the villains. The drawing on is more detailed compared to the old one, of course, plus it just looks great.
As for the new story line… I like this new story flow compared to the old one. The side stories, plus how the events unfolded, including character development is much more better compared to the previous show. Although, it is still a bit too early to tell. I am still a fan of the old series. As for the new one, I still am not sure but based on the episodes released as of the moment… so far, so good.
Rating: 4 out of 5
Today, Oct. 11, 2011, me and my wife is celebrating our 3rd anniversary. I cant believe that 3 years passed by so fast. I guess it is true that everything happens in the blink of an eye.
To my wife… The years we have spent together have been truly wonderful. I hope to spend more time with you and build my future around you and our son. I love you. Happy Anniversary!
A successful married life requires falling in love many times, but always with the same person.
Knowing you will be with me in all my tomorrows, makes my today so wonderful.
Today is both a special and sad day for me…
First, its my birthday. Weeeeeeeee!!!! Yes, I am 1 year older today but I don’t feel any different. I still feel young ( no violent reactions please! ) but not sure if I am any wiser than before. But here’s hoping and wishing to a better year for me 🙂
Second, its exactly my 5 years with my current company, the longest tenure I have had compared to my previous ones. And I hope to stay for a few more years.
Today, a good friend of mine also celebrates his birthday today. He would have been 35 this year, but sad to say, he is no longer among us. He passed away last year. Still feels weird that he is not around anymore. I know his family is sad that he isn’t with them anymore. But I know wherever he is right now, he is having one heck of a party.
So, happy birthday to the both of us Wax! Hope your having a grand day today.
Just wanted to share this with everyone…
When terrible news happens, I always tend to push towards remembering the good times and laughing a bit in the face of it all. The passing of Robin Williams is certainly one of those moments, but it’s also one that carries a lot of good laughter with it.
You’ll most likely see various tributes and recounts of his career and a tour of the bright spots, but I’ve always been partial to his appearance on Whose Line Is It Anyway? back in 2000. It was one of the more memorable episodes of the series and certainly one of the coolest from the Drew Carey version of the show. It’s almost the perfect kind of venue for his manic type of comedy, even if it doesn’t translate as pure improv.
Another improv-related clip is included below, a classic one from the Comic Strip in New York back in the 1980s.
View original post 62 more words